BEAUTY

1. K2K-00005

"Finally, it's weekend!", Ria told Arjun.

"Yeah! I have been waiting for this ria", arjun replied.

"Where shall we go Arjun?"

"How about Bessy?"

"Yeah fine. Let's go!"

Arjun and ria, are software professionals who work for different MNC's in Chennai. For them weekdays is all about project, client meetings and deadlines. They reached Bessy beach around 5pm and sat along the coast watching the waves. One hour passed, they dint utter a word. Silence prevailed. Both were lost in their own thoughts. “I feel relieved", arjun stated." Yeah me too", ria replied. But this relief is temporary ria, I'm done with my mundane hectic schedules. It feels like I have transformed into a robot. I'm running behind something every da. "Even I have started feeling the same way arjun", ria lamented.

A person, in his mid-thirties was listening to their conversation from behind. He came near them and introduced himself as thilak and started speaking. “Firstly, I would like to apologize as I have been over hearing your conversation. Secondly, I would like to share something with you guys". Ria and Arjun was perplexed but asked thilak to proceed further. "I have been working for the past fifteen years and all these years I used to travel five hours per day from my home to work and vice versa. In initial days it was fun to travel, but as days passed by it was more frustrating. I dint know how to deal with it. When I lamented this to a colleague of mine and she told, “Look! Thilak, beauty lies in every little thing and it completely depends on the beholders eye". That hit me hard. From that day on I changed my perspective about travel and started enjoying the little things. The sound of the train, the babble in a crowded compartment, the accent of vendors who tries to sell their goods to the passenger, the Petty fights, smell of eatables and so on. From that day on I travelled daily but no two travel were the same. And that kept me going. It would be same where ever it is! You get bored if you see the same things with same perspective."

Thilak looked at them after completing his speech. They both smiled at him and they never had the mundane routine.

 

Moral: Beauty lies in every little thing and it lies in the beholder’s eye.

- Manu Mohan

 

2. K2K-00015

AN AESTHETIC RESEARCH

I believed that, universe itself have a rule and a common pattern for beauty. As I was an Aesthetic student, it was a part of my research too. All I wanted was a proof. Without science and mathematics, proving something about the Universe was utterly impossible. So, I included a mathematician and a theoretical physicist with my research. We took the face pattern of 15 beautiful women in the world and tried to outline the symmetry of their facial structure. Using computational technique, we drew a face pattern and compared it with the other 15 beautiful faces. It actually worked. We were able to create a beautiful face mask – which can be surgically implant to anyone who pay millions for their beauty. But the purpose of the research left unknown, ‘what is the rule that governs beauty?’ To answer that question, we needed the face pattern of 15 unattractive women. This task made us to travel the world. We landed up in India. We were informed that, somewhere in the southern part of India, there was a girl who has many facial fractures. An Indian, who gave us this valuable information also accompanied us. The moment we reached her place, I feel strange. It was an orphanage and the girl I was about to meet was the guardian for all the kids. 

“Azhagu…”, the Indian who accompany us called. She came out to witness us. Her face was utterly collapsed but still she welcomed us with a warm smile. When we asked for a photograph of her, she was overwhelmed, and all the kids murmured with smile. The Indian told us that the kids were happy that we were here to take photo of their guardian.    

How can I even consider that girl to be unattractive? I could not bring myself to continue my research after that incident. It is said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is indeed some truth to this.

MORAL: Rule that governs beauty is love. 

 

- ENOCH IRAIANBU

 

 

3. K2K - 00016

Love is a four-legged word

All the beauty packages that we shop, are they organic?

Do they touch our souls?

12 years ago, a little package changed my life upside down. Before I reveal what was in the packet, let me tell you how the packet got delivered to me by my dad.

At Bangalore, Swetha’s life was content. Lovable parents, two pug dogs – a male and a female, and a job she desired – everything went smooth. Unexpectedly, her parents dropped a bomb – marriage. She accepted readily but with one condition. Her guy must accept her dogs as well. They agreed and a guy from Dubai became her perfect match. He not only agreed to Swetha’s only condition but also suggested her parents to move in there. Bingo!

Wait, there is a twist. The pugs faced immigration problems.  That’s when Swetha’s father Mr. Mohan calls up my dad Mr. Prem, a soul who loves living beings to the core, be it humans, plants, or animals. My dad calls up his friends working in the airport authority and sorts the issues in minutes. Swetha and her family move to Dubai. To show her gratitude, Swetha gifted my dad a baby pug which was delivered by the two paw children. My dad accepts the gift and one fine morning while I was preparing for my model exams, he placed him on my lap. A soft, cute pug dog which was 3months old then!

Isn’t this the Vodafone dog daddy, I ask carrying him like a baby.

Yes, he replied back.

What to feed him, I ask back innocently?

Milk and cerelac, he says.

I search for my ink filler and feed him milk. We are separating a child from his mother, I thought but I decided I will be his mother from now on.

Since then to now, I grew along with him and we named him Browny due to his brownish skin color.

Beauty isn’t about the external looks but the brimming joy that comes from within – soul. Swetha’s love for dogs, her parents, and husband respecting her choice, she showing gratitude to my father, my father helping his friend when needed and me becoming a mother to a four-legged baby of mine!

Being there for someone is a beauty!

Sharing is caring is one kind of beauty!

Showing Gratitude is one kind of beauty!

Being you is beauty!

- Amritha Prem - Love is a four-legged word

 

 

 

4. K2K00019

Hey dears,

Radhika a 20 year old girl believed herself beautiful even though she was too fat and black skinned.  Now listen, you are Handsome. You are beautiful. You are capable. You are unique. You are the best. This sounds great, right?

Every people are far better in their own looks and ways. There is not at all a fraction of second to blame yourself about your looks. You are the way you are. Accept it and move on. You are more than your looks, this is what made radhika move forward every single time.

People judge you, you are too skinny. You are fat. You are short. You are tall. You are under weight. You are overweight.  You have flat breasts. Your butt is too big. You must be fit. Your hair doesn’t suit your body. You have big hip size. You have large breasts. You have no thigh gap. Your belly is too big. People easily comment on others physique.

You may have heard many of these phrases.  There is nothing in this to be ashamed of and to be depressed of.  Thigh gap and flat belly will not define you.  8 out of 10 people are ashamed of their body and looks. This is termed as, “Body Shaming.” People judge you, give you remarks. But remember, they don’t live your life. You are the one who is going to live your life. And we all know, no one is perfect enough to advise us. Perfect body is a myth.  “Body Shaming” has become a tool for some people to let others feel down easily.

So she started to,

Love every part of her.

She made power of every single decision.

She declined the pursuit of perfection.

Your single decision, of loving you as it is, will be the way to uplift your self-esteem. It is the path of healing and the path of understanding. Do not let your self-respect shrink further and further, choose to Love you.

You are beautiful/handsome as you are. Have a good soul, so that you will be beautiful/handsome both in and out. Empower yourself with all the good in you. Speak against body shaming with full confidence. It is a real issue.

Body shaming cannot be controlled unless you start loving yourself. So, Come on. Understand your purpose of living and loving your own self. You are always beautiful. As well Radha was also one such beautiful girl.

 

Hurrah to all people who love their beautiful inner soul!

 

Moral – Beauty lies in the inner soul

 

With love,

- Rekha Sree

 

 

5. K2K 00022

BEAUTY:          

 A cute little girl born in this big world, who was a richest business man's daughter named shruthi. From her childhood she had a best things in this world. She lived a luxury life as like all richest person's life. She looks pretty and she always likes which was pretty. She keeps distance from the things which she consider ugly ,from her view the ugly things are ,babies because they cry ,pee often and animals and even nature like sun and even rain and there are many things and even persons. She usually find friends who were pretty as her. She finished her schooling and the constant thing was her character which was never changed from childhood. She joined the college, where she finds a friend named swetha like her by looks. swetha's character was just opposite to shruthi's. She likes everything and admires everything surrounded by her.By sharing each other's likes and dislikes, Shruthi thinks how she likes these things at all but she doesn't ask her about that. Usually in lunch period they will use their phones. That day Shruthi forgot her phone so both used swetha's phone. She showed her photos to Shruthi, in that most of the pictures were babies, nature and animals. Now Shruthi asked her doubt 'why you likes this ugly things ,see how disgusting ,I can't even watch it but you touching that '  she smiled and replied , and class starts.by the end of the day , Shruthi thinks what Swetha replied.

On next day morning, when Shruthi opened her eyes ,and everything looks beautiful to her eyes, and that moment she thinks that what Swetha said was right.

       

THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD CALLED BEAUTY, IT’S ALL ABOUT OUR PERCEPTION OF THINKING.

- S.T.ANBUSELVI

 

 

6. K2K-00028

BEAUTIFUL SIN

During the Cold Winter Days, I was shattered by the loss of my grandfather! So, I decided to write a story on the topic “BEAUTY”. But My Mind became Blank when I started to think about it. Hands shivered because “Where to start and where to End” became a million dollar question. I began with a Dose of Confidence:

“Beauty is a Sin. Beauty not admired is a Sin. Beauty admired with Lust is also a Sin. Then what is Beauty?

For a toddler, Mom, Dad and his carton of bags are beautiful. For an Elementary School Boy, Time Spent with his Friends is beautiful. For Teenagers, His/her Crush seems to be the most beautiful person in their life.

For a Foodie, Food would be his love. For an Adventure seeker, An Adventure trip to Mt. Everest would be his life dream. For an office-goer, Time spent with his family is most beautiful.  

For newly-married couples, their partners are more beautiful! For a childless couple, a child smiling at them would be heart melting. For a couple with their child, their child is the most beautiful person.  Beauty according to old aged persons would be their grandsons and some peace.

The Truth is we all go through these phases in our life. So, what’s now?! The question that arises, when I write this is, “Why this beauty alone change?”.

The Answer, undoubtedly, is “The Heart”. We people work die hard in the vicious cycle of life to chase the mischievous and mystical beauty, thereby, losing the real beauty what life actually has for us….Thus, According to me, Beauty is a crime and sin until it is understood properly!”

 

Enough for today.  I closed by book with a heavy heart and kept it aside thinking deeply about my grandfather!

MORAL:

We Change ourselves in search of Beauty and the Beauty Changes us.

 

AAH!!! What a “BEAUTIFUL” Life!

- AKASH P

 

 

 

 

7. K2K00039

BEAUTY

“Please Doctor, I can’t accept this”(With tears)

“But its difficult, try to understand” says the doctor.

The woman is crying so painfully. Is this just a physical pain?

Definitely not!!!

Ashmitha, was a beautiful young woman. She was bold enough defending not people outside but her own family members each day. Life becomes a challenge for her after marriage.

 

But, Motherhood, the best part of her life. But this beautiful part of her life leaves her with a test. It was almost three months, a child in her womb. In the beginning of the fourth month, the doctor after going through the scan reports explains that the child’s brain has some malfunctioning, and the sad thing is the child won’t live for long if it were to be born.

The doctor further advised that it is better to abort the child. The doctor gave some time to discuss where her entire family said aborting the child would be a better option.

But, for Ashmitha, she wanted the first infant, which gave her the motherhood to take its birth. She wants the child to see the world and enjoy the beauty of life, live to the fullest as long as it survives.

And now that is why she is here screaming with emotional pain, defending everyone and is against this abortion. The doctor understood and left to the decision of Ashmitha.

Finally by the strong will power of Ashmitha she was able to make the child step into the world. The beauty of motherhood, is unveiled.

But life is ironical…. the child is still blessed with a good health only because of Ashmitha’s love.

So here the real beauty is nothing but Ashmitha’s abundant love for her child. From a toddler a brilliant performer even in schooling till date. It isn’t a miracle but just the beauty of love.

 

Comment: Nothing in the world is more beautiful than the Love you have for someone….

 

-Aish

 

 

8. K2K00060

The world is filled with beautiful things

There is beauty in everything, it is reflected based on how a person sees and feels it. When a baby cries, mother feels it as a beautiful thing but some other feels it a noise. Some sees desert as a barren land others feel the beauty of sand.

Meena could only feel the beauty and visualize it through her inner eyes. Her inner world was filled with beauty but she couldn't barely see.

She never felt bad about it. She worked as an typist in an organization, her wish was to make an world famous art, based on how she feels the world. Being blind from the birth. She worked hard and earned a job. Her passion continued.one fine day meena decided to pursue her dream of making finest art in the world.

She stepped out of her comfort zone and travelled a lot throughout the world. Her only obstacle was her eyesight, few good people helped her in her journey.

One fine day when she was having a walk, she heard conversation between mother and small girl. Mom was scolding the girl,

I told you many times, this won’t work out but you never listen.

Girl replied mummy i am sure it will be ok again; it just needs some care. Mom shouted this girl is insane and she left meena got interested and she stood there and started hearing what happened next. The girl was talking to someone or something

Do not worry little fellow you will be fine and meena heard water pouring sound. Meena quickly called her friend and asked what was happening. Meena friend replied the girl must be mad she is watering dried plants.after that meena started to go to same place and she hears the girl speaking to the plant “you are beautiful the way you are, you will be alright soon” and pours water. After few days green leafs started sprouting out and girl continues giving hopes to the plant. Surprising meena friend and that girl’s mother the plant grew well and gave a beautiful rose.

Meena stopped her search and she drew her world-famous art.

A girl watering dried plants and named it “beauty of hope”

During the award ceremony meena explained (moral)

There is beauty in everything, it depends on how people sees it.

The girl’s mother saw the plant as dried and worthless but the girl only saw its inner beauty and gave it life.

 

BY

- AISHWARYA

 

 

 

9. K2K00070

MASTERPIECE

My name is Keane, meaning tall and handsome, which is exactly the opposite of what I am. I have LLD (Leg length discrepancy). I was just a good for nothing guy with no motive in life. In my college, no girl ever talked to me. I was criticized for my looks. For them I was just a toy with no feelings. My mom passed away when I was six. After her my aunt took her place. I was a servant at my own house. Ironic right?! I used to wash clothes and clean the bathroom. There began my journey of music. The first rhythm which I created was in my bathroom with a brush and a scrubber. I bought a guitar with all my savings and I started learning music. I wrote my first song "Foul Soul" and performed it in front of my class. It was good but my classmates were kind off jealous that how could a piece of shit like me could perform that good. They broke my guitar and kicked my ass till I begged them for mercy. They punched my face till it got red and pissed on me. I bore all the pain and shame that day. But then Veronica came to me. She lent me a helping hand. She helped me fix my guitar. From that day onwards we became good friends. It might be because of sympathy or my music, but it didnt mattered me because everything that mattered to me was my music and her. Yes I was in love with her.

Three years passed. One day without my knowledge she sent a copy of Foul Soul to a well-known music company, a week before my birthday. The music company wanted me to record a song for them. Veronica received the letter and gave it as a surprise on my birthday, and surprise was not over yet, she proposed me. I was never that happy in my life. She added a meaning to my life.

With all that happiness and positivity I recorded a song "Celebration of Life" under their label. On each radio station it was on top of the charts. I got fame and success. I proved the people who trolled me for my appearance and disability, who harassed me and said I was good for nothing that they were wrong. Till now I have recorded almost 52 albums. My musical journey has been extraordinary. I have seen a lot in my life- criticism, torture, harassment, bullying, love, success, fame and failures too. People search for beauty in themselves but I searched for beauty in my life. My music and veronica added beauty to my life. My life is a like cliché film but it is a Masterpiece to me. The biggest masterpiece that I have shaped with the help of my love.

 

Moral: Beauty doesn’t have a proper definition. It exists everywhere in different forms in your life.

Written by

- Harshvardhan

 

 

10. K2K00074

“THE BEHOLDER'S EYES”

              It was a defining moment in your life. Your ‘bride seeing’ formality was complete and your process of evaluation was in progress. One member of your family opined that the girl was not presentable, another said she was very traditional, the third assessed her academic excellence as an asset and the fourth felt that her economic status was just average. However all concluded unanimously that she was dark complexioned and hence not suitable for you to be your spouse.           

 No doubt she was so dark that the sarcasm of your cousin that she would appear to be fair complexioned in Africa was justifiable. Your intuition told you that she would be a better choice for you, if you ignored the objections of your family based on the external factors. As an educated person, you knew that the inner beauty was more important than the external appearance. You enquired about the girl regarding her character and conduct. You were very much satisfied to learn that she was a lady of stuff, honesty, sincerity, discipline and with positive attitude and aptitude. Besides she was equally professionally qualified as you were.

             

She was absolutely your choice. You firmly convinced your family on the ground that you never bothered about her physical appearance and financial status as you were neither searching for an actress nor an earning machine. Finally all agreed to you and celebrated your marriage with her.             

Nearly three decades have gone smoothly.  You have confessed frankly it has been the best decision of your life. You are blessed with an affectionate family. She has stood like a rock in all your trials and tribulations. She is now the guide and philosopher not only for you and your son and daughter. Long live your family!

 

Moral: Inner beauty is always superior to outer counterpart. The beauty is in the beholder's eyes and keep your inner eye always opened.

- R. Arunachalam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்

LGBTQ & DISABILITY