Comedy

1. K2K –00016

 

Am I a joke to you?

Karthi, a macro photographer, and Megha, a freelance eco writer moved into the wooden house built amongst clouds kissing the hills surrounded by lush green trees and sounds of nature echoing for miles and miles. Their wedding was a simple one arranged by their parents. Little did they know about each other yet they decided to get married and move in here as a couple and the Corona arrived unfold.

How is your married life nurturing, Deepika texted on telegram and Karthi start typing.

I see her newly everyday macha but she is one of a kind. She is funny to be with as well. A few weeks ago, she said will make choco lava cake and got all the ingredients from the neighborhood. The smell of grounded cocoa beans and homemade butter mesmerized me and the bowls were filled with choco lava paste. I tasted one mouth and it was sour. She got perplexed and immediately told to spit it out and fed me with milk powder.

 Why sour? she questioned.

It was shikakai powder deeps!  Deepika smiles.

The other day, she cut tomatoes, cucumber and mint leaves into tiny cubes. She kept the plate in front of me. Assuming it’s for me I ate it! She got angry and said it’s for kiki, and added henceforth will cut veggies for me as well.

Ultimate!

She loves the moon rituals deeps, so I took her to the nearby hill where one can see the moon so near. Throughout the trek, we were laughing and teasing one another. Upon seeing the moon at night and admiring it for hours, she is asking if I took her to express my love or for my photoshoot. I felt like pushing her downhill.

Cute!

She loves roses and always uses the eggshells to fertilize the soil. I didn’t know I had to crush it but she teaches me patiently with a little anguish face. The other day I was making a name board for our house and she asked me if I can also construct kitchen shelves and bangle stands. Her love for little things makes me happy. She made my house a beautiful home with her magic: unconditional love. She isn’t demanding a lot of things but is happy with what I have in store.  She is using my mom’s sewing machine to come up to design flowery curtains and when I gifted my dad’s antique blue typewriter; her face glowed like a little child!

 

For our hundred day’s anniversary, she gave me 100 calendar paper boats with a message written on it. She loves me for what I am!

I am happy to hear this Karthi!

Me too, deeps!

With Love

Amritha Prem

 

 

 

2.K2K 00022

BOON COMPANION :   

                 My life was full of mess because my friend who was a mess. In starting days of my college my family had a trust issues, one day my phone popped up, and it was from the name GUNA...they thought it was my boyfriend ,they started advising me ,then I tried to explain to them that she was a girl, see there she started mess in my life.

            She have a loud voice, it seems during birth she swallowed 2-3 mics.

              In class times , usually an outstanding student, for e.g., I asked what's the page no, she said 34,but whole class turned our side even teacher too, because she said louder which was audible to everyone.

             While playing secret message game, if we pass message to her she says to other one which will be heard by the last person. Because her husky voice also louder.

               I face hard times mainly in exam hall, where I can't even ask answer from her, if she says, it will be audible to everyone and many times we get caught and warned.

             And my real trouble starts in the nighttime, she had a lover, and there will be no hidden secret between us because when she speaks it will be audible to whole room, I can't even hear that romantic talks, but I had no way somewhat it will come to my ear even if I wear headset too her sound will pierce all sounds. After talking to him she will say everything again which I had heard. it's been a long days, I didn't sleep peacefully at night. We always get scolded from seniors for sound.

              The only place suitable for her was playground, not as a player as an audience who shouts and cheer the supporting team. And I used to live with that.

               But the real problem arises during our fight, she fights for silly reasons and shouts and won't talk for months, but that time I feel the real headache her silence. Then I realized I can bear her talks but I can't bear her silence.  we fight like Tom and Jerry and we can't live without each other.

               “A TRUE FRIEND NEVER GETS IN YOUR WAY UNLESS YOU HAPPEN TO BE GOING DOWN”

S.T.ANBUSELVI

 

 

 

3. K2K00070

 BOMBSHELL

My name is George. There was a party at Megan's house. Megan returned US after 2 yrs, she was doing her Masters in Japan. Her boyfriend Ben planned this party. Our friend Paul reached at time but I was late because of my girlfriend Rose. But at last we reached Megan's place. She served us the Japanese Matcha green tea, but I refused to drink as I was allergic to Matcha. Everyone drank the tea and we were about to start our party, then suddenly Rose became unconscious, Ben, Megan and Paul were acting weird. When I went to check on Rose. She gave me a creepy smile which scared the hell out of me.

I went to check the Matcha in the Kitchen and then found out that what she served us was not the Japanese green tea, but the world famous weed of USA. It was her brother Max's . Four of them were high as hell, I couldnt control them. And then the Trouble began.

"Hey Ben you know what, I m looking on someone else”, said Megan. Ben was like,"Are you shitting me, when did this all happened?". "An year ago”, said Megan. "Ohh..Great....is this what they call one sided break up? Huh?",asked Ben. "No darling I forgot tell you, I'm sorry baby”, said Megan with a baby look on her face. "Who is that son of a...", Ben exclaimed angrily. "His name is Kenny and dont you ever call him that" Megan warned. Ben was all broken and started blabbering. All this shit was going on one side and Rose was still giving me that creepy look.

It was like I was the audience and they were some kind of performers. It was entertaining though...

Paul went and sat down beside Ben. "These girls are all the same dude, they will never understand you.." said Paul. Ben completely agreed with that. "Well why don’t you try something else Ben?" shyingly asked Paul. "What to do you mean by that? Huh?" confusingly asked Ben. "Well all I want to say is that I really like you Ben, and now you are single too, we will make a good match darling" said Paul. There was death silence in the room. "If you mind me asking how the hell did you fell in love with me..?"asked Ben. "I came to your house one day I was all wet as it was raining outside, you offered me a cup of hot chocolate, I touched your hands while you gave it to me but you didn’t stopped me, it was love right? I saw it in your eyes, I saw love." said Paul with sparkles in his eyes. Ben was whether to laugh or cry, he started advising Paul which eventually turned into a fight. I came to a conclusion that it was not the rain which made Paul wet, it was Ben..

I was happy that at least my girl was loyal to me. But that happiness lasted only a fraction of seconds. "Hey, Richard where's my panty..? You naughty boy give it back to me. I need to go for a party. Ummmaah I love you sweetie", Rose exclaimed with love and then I released the reason why she was late to get ready for the party. It was a day of surprises, shocking surprises to be precise.

Moral: Trust issues are not bad, actually..

Written by Harshvardhan

 

4.K2K00074

 “WHO OR WHICH?”

           The classroom is a place where so many lighter moments discharge the academically charged environment and  both teachers and students should have the sense of humour to avoid the tragedy arising out of comedy.

           I was doing second year B.A. English Literature then. We had all studied in Tamil medium till eleventh class and switched over to English medium in P.U.C. It meant it was the third academic year of  study in English medium and in  English literature classes, our professors always used English only for communication.

              My classmate Arumugam hailed from a remote village  and  had the Himalayan difficulty in mastering  English. It was a challenge for him to understand and appreciate the lectures in English.

              My professor Mohan Rao was very proud of his scholarship.  He pretended as if  he did not know his mother tongue Tamil. No doubt he had reasons to be proud. He came to the class well prepared and presented the lessons excellently. He taught George Eliot’s famous novel “Silas Marner” in detail for nearly three months and mentioned the name of the hero Silas Mariner umpteen times, as the story was about Silas Mariner, a weaver, adopting a daughter and its resultant issues.

            After completion of teaching the entire novel, my professor encouraged us to clarify our doubts, if any.

Arumugam asked, “WHICH is Silas Marner?”

Prof. Mohan Rao said, “What!!! Repeat.”

 

Arumugam repeated the same WHICH instead of WHO! It was crystal clear that he could not even understand the basic fact that Silas Marner was the name of a PERSON.  My professor advised him to clarify it with one of us  and left the class, obviously, heartbroken. The entire class burst loudly into laughter.

          Now I, as a professor, always begin my lessons explaining wh- words who, what, when, where, etc. clearly.

         Moral:  We should never take anything for granted!

R. Arunachalam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்

LGBTQ & DISABILITY