Contempt

1. K2K-00005

Disrespect

She fainted!

Aila, a young energetic and a charming girl was forced to marriage at her early twenties. Being brought up in a conservative Muslim family, she was taught saying 'no' means dishonoring her own family. Despite being an outstanding student at academics she agreed to marry a business man from the United States of America. But luckily that man agreed to continue her academics. Aila was overwhelmed and felt grateful for the life she had. After few months of marriage, her in-laws and husband started showing their real character. She was allowed to go to college but before that she has to finish all her household chores. Sometimes she went through emotional and physical abuse. Aila hoped that everything would change one day. Days passed by but nothing changed. When she got fed up with life, life gave her a beautiful gift -motherhood. Aila started regaining her hope, she believed everything would be solved when she have a kid. When Aila was in her second trimester of her pregnancy, she gradually started to gain weight. Her husband couldn't see his wife becoming fat and shapeless. He body shamed her and forced her to regain her body and beauty immediately. Aila tried explaining him to lose beauty and body during pregnancy. But nothing went into his heads. One fine day when he returned from work he saw Aila had become all bulgy because of pregnancy, was cleaning the households. Annoyed by her appearance, he bullied her and was beaten hardly. She fainted! And when she woke up she realized her fault. She was staying in a toxic relationship in order to keep the honor of her family . But it was not too late. She left that house and applied for divorce. Years later, now, Aila is a successful entrepreneur and a lovable mother.

Moral: Defy the meal, when disrespect is served on your plate.

 

-Manu Mohan

 

 

2. K2K-00015

A SARDONIC REPLY

‘Crappy book ever read! Lack of metaphor, simile and other literature elements. Disappointing 400 pages for linguistics’.  A book reviewer in YouTube insulted Ravin’s debut novel. The book portrays the life of a modern couple, and it received a great welcome from young adults. Almost fifty thousand copies were sold in five months, and his novel was named as ‘national bestseller’. After conducting story telling sessions around India, Ravin finally got a chance to meet Kelly – the You tuber who roasted his book. She asked for an interview for her YouTube channel, and Ravin accepted it. Kelly was a literature student and an enthusiastic reader of all classic literature books. The interview was started, the camera started to record their conversation.

“How do you feel for being the bestseller for your debut novel?”, she asked.

“I feel grateful and fortunate”, he said with a broad smile.

“Yes, you are fortunate”, after a gaze, she continued, “Ravin, how to write a worst book and be a bestseller? No one can answer this question except you”, she asked in a sarcastic tone. “I think you hate my book”, he said.

“Yes. There is no recipe of bestselling book in your novel. No literature elements. Worst narrating skills, worst word selection…”“I am not a literature student like you. I am an engineering graduate who is fond of stories. My job is to tell a convincing story to my readers”, he uttered his statement. Kelly was not convinced, she started to show her linguistic skills by talking about various classical tales till the end.

‘Interview with an overrated author’, she uploaded the video. Within a day, Kelly started to lose her subscribers. Ravin’s calm and gentle attitude made him even more famous. After a year, his second novel was published. Kelly was forced by his success to give an honest positive review.

MORAL: Success is the sarcastic reply to all contempt.

-ENOCH IRAIANBU

3. K2K00016

 

The Third Eye

I am in love with a guy appa. I think I can be happy only with him. I don't want to hide this to you appa. Can you one time talk to him?, Agni spilled the beans one fine morning when Anbu, her father was in ultimate joy to initiate the marriage talks of his only daughter.

Love won’t suit our family dear. Forget him, he said easily breaking Agni's heart into million pieces. He left the room leaving her alone.

She stood frozen whereas he moved physically but deep within lost in his own thoughts.

Agni got ready and kick started her bike.  Her eyes were wet. She was terrified of thinking what will happen if her appa never agrees to her love of life, Arun.

I told my appa, Agni said during the lunch break making all her colleagues go silent.

What did he say, Premi asked looking terrified.

He said me to forget him mam, she replied sternly.

Agni, this is how parents react. You don't worry, he will accept soon, said Durga motivating her.

The usual conversation between the appa and daughter didn't happen the next day. The happy home turned into a space of silence seeking inner peace.

Appa what have you decided, Agni asked once again mustering her courage.

I told you clearly Agni, he replied back without look at her eyes.

Appa I know I have hurted you but give me a chance. One chance, she pleaded.

What if he cheats you? What if their family mistreats you? What is their family background? Which community he belongs to? What will our relatives say? What about me, don't you want me to visit you after marriage?

Questions popped out like the gun bullets shot one after the other to protect oneself. She answered all his questions politely, her heart bleeded and as a result her voice trembled and both ended up crying hugging one another.

 

Bring him home, ask his parents if they are okay with us. I am here for your happiness. I want him to love you forever. Caste, religion, money, fame all these are labels. I don’t see any of it but I want him to fail you and most importantly both the families must be in good terms, Anbu explained.

In seven months their wedding took place in a registrar office joyfully.

Thank you mama, Arun said while Agni was talking with Arun's parents in the other room.

Agni and I grew up together and I believe I have nurtured her beautifully. Now, I want you both to do the same. Understand each other, accept the similarities, embrace the differences and begin this new journey with lots of love, endless conversations and space. Also, believe in each other!

We will mama, Arun promised.

Anbu felt happy.

What made you accept me, mama, Arun asked finally.

Agni's courage and her trust on me.

If I had disrespected her feelings, I would have failed as a father, a human.  I was the one who taught her to respect people and their feelings. I shouldn't be the one to break it. Since childhood she is always a step ahead of me, she has made me see life in a different perspective and I trust my child, Anbu said proudly.

I wish I become a super dad like you, Arun replied.

You will, I could see the potential in you, Anbu teased him back!

For every relationship to grow, trust is the root. As parents we must believe the child wholeheartedly.

 

- Amritha Prem.

 

 

4. K2K00018

Fool's weapon

Lalith and his mother Meera are preparing to leave their house for small occasion and decided to go Thirupathi. On their journey to Thirupathi one strange young boy accompanied them. They met that boy in the train. He is fair and fat boy having peculiar weapon of putting down others with the help of their own words. Lalith understood that boy has something in special which made others to come near that boy.

On top of the Thirupathi, Meera stopped near small shop to buy some essentials. Lalith saw an one old starving beggar. He offered one biscuit packet to him. To praise the gratefulness of Lalith he said “live long for thousand years with enormous prosperity! Your family will have the blessings of this poor man.”

That strange boy disliked the words of that poor man. “We don’t want blessing from you, old poor man! You raised your children very well. They did the very right thing for you because old people are always disgusting in nature.”

Lalith was shocked to hear this words from that strange companion. Before Lalith opened his mouth, that poor man started to speak with zero attitude and more calmness in his voice. “Yes you are right child. I taught my children very well but they were died in this Thirupathi due to small car accident near hair pin bend. Yes child you are right! I taught my children very well manners about how to treat elders unlike you. But for me you guys too are like my children. So I request you to stop mocking. Because sarcasms and mocking are the weapon of fools and cowards don’t believe in themselves.”

 

Moral: Mocking is the weapon of coward and fools. Patience and self-acceptance are the weapons of wisest.

 

- Lokesh V

 

 

5. K2K00019

The Purpose of her existence!

It was June, 2019.

There was a girl named Reya. She was almost 18 years old. Her only desire at that time was to become a splendid and a significant girl among the mob. She was eventually talented to do it so. She reached every possible ways she could.

 

And finally, she chose her right path. She was good at doing emcee and writing content. So she started concentrating both of these parallely.

At the very beginning, she was much betrayed by everyone. Her strength was the tone of her words, by the way her weakness was her voice. She was been criticized more about her voice. But she didn't stop her move. She had 80% haters and 20% motivators. She stood firm with the support of those 20% people. She constantly engaged her in many events. Day by day, criticism and disrespect was the only thing she faced. But then, being a strong girl, she took it to every significant extent, she didn't even give a shit for those 80% of the people. And gradually, the percentage reduced. Then she started focusing on giving the best of all. She started working, practicing tirelessly. The 20% of the motivators gradually increased to 40, 50 and 60%. She featured herself as a good speaker as well a prolific writer.

Now, she is the one most wanted speaker among her colleagues. Every disrespect, every criticism we face, is the path way for the success we reach. We must attire success for sure.

Moral - Every Criticism, disrespect helps us reach success more significantly and effectively.

With love,

- Rekha Sree S

 

 

6. K2K 00022

A BIG ROCK:

Once there lived a rock which was big in size and black in color. It lived in a uphill where other rocks rejects for its look. All over the years it doesn't have a single friend. One day there was a storm, others decided to push that rock down so they can live happily. All tried and pushed, it cried and rolled down and settled in the center of river. There too it was scolded by everyone as it blocked their path. The rocks in the river all feel hatred towards the big rock. So it moved out from the river and rolled and it gets tired of rolling so it stops. It was a farming land they came and rebuke angrily and lifted and thrown it away. It fall in the road, where it makes traffic and all people there scolded. Then it started rolling and it was the night time, it can't see anything and it was tired too, so it stopped rolling and took rest. It was too worried about its life, it dwelled in past and cried about others reaction towards it. Still what more going to face ,why God made this much disgusting appearance because of this everyone is teasing and disrespecting .By thinking like this it slept in that place. And the sun rises, a man from a home came out and he saw that rock. And by hearing the sound it opened its eyes and feared of what will happen now...             

 Suddenly that man went home and come out with chisel and started carving the rock and made a sculpture of lord Shiva .and during that process the rock got more pain and screamed ,what wrong I did he is breaking me into pieces. He took that sculpture to temple and now it was considered as God and praised and respected by everyone. And now it realized what that man did.

           "RIGHT PERSON WILL RESPECT YOU AT RIGHT TIME"

 

- S.T.ANBUSELVI

 

 

7. K2K-00028

RESPECTED MAM

It was a clear sky in the Evening. The temperature around my place seemed to be bit cold. I was sitting in my favorite desk with a Hero pen in my hand in my Drawing Room. I was about to write a letter to my beloved friend who was about to go back to her own native within two days.

My friend who has been an Introvert for the past 3 months in the lockdown seemed to come to of her house just to go back to her own native. But, “Is she the same kind of person before the 3 months?” is the first Question that arises in everyone’s mind!

Before these 3 months, she used to fly around the cities with her superfast bike and racing seemed to flow through her body than Blood! She was one such person amongst the millions of others who face criticism for not being so called “HOMELY”! But she never cared about it!! She was always True to her heart. She earned a lot of money through these races and she donated her money to her very first home where she was born. Yeah!! You guessed it wrong! It’s her JONES street………. The place where she was left stranded with no one to help at the age of before a young couple without a child came to help her and gave her this life!

But All of a sudden, in her life, occurred such a tragedy that No one ever expected in her Life. She was diagnosed with Hemiplegia which was at the starting stage. Everyone knew that the cost of the Treatment would be around 8 Lac. She couldn’t continue her racing anymore and started to be dependent. But No One ever came to help her. The street which is now the most Luxurious Ever just because of her was not able to hear and feel the pain.

This is the real Disrespect I saw in my life…. Where Even I stand as Accused One!

So, I decided to write the letter to my friend for my sincere apologies and It started with “Respected Mam”   rather than a “Dear Friend” for her golden Heart!

 

Moral: Respect People at least for their Works! We might never Knew what’s the real story behind their life!

- AKASH P

 

 

8. K2K00039

DISRESPECT

"Dad, please don't come for my parent-teachers meet...... I'm very ashamed to tell people about the job you are doing...!"

Hearing this from his only son Ayushan's heart was heavy. He feels very bad. But never was he shameful about him having a tea shop.

Though he runs a small shop he was hard-working and honest. That is why many customers are attracted to his shop. The words from his son echoed and haunted his mind so much.

But then he carried on his daily work as usual and was happy about it. Most of the time Ashish was annoyed seeing his dad. He hates him for no reason.

Ayushan's wife noticed everything and once when they were relaxing she wanted to share something with her son.

"Ashish, Have you ever thought what your dad would have been doing before your birth?

He replied- "What big would be? The same old tea shop".(A teasing smile)

"No dear, he owned a big departmental store of his own which had such a big reputation."

He was shocked for a fraction of seconds.

After a minute of silence,

"Then why this tea shop now ma?!!"

"He was least bothered sacrificing it for his only son. “He looked puzzled

Then she added, “Yes, my dear. Saving your life was a big task for us. Since we had no other source than this departmental store we sold that for the medical expenses to save you"

Before he could say anything, tears rolled from his eyes. He felt ashamed of himself for hurting his dad so much. From then everyday he started admiring his dad and also tried to manage his studies and helped his dad in work.

He wanted his dad to be a proud owner once again. He worked hard with different ideas and helped to regain his reputation much better than before.

Comment: Far better not to respect, than stabbing with disrespect.

 

- Aish

9. K2K00070

 

MANIFESTO OF PAIN

My name is...ah..umm, who cares. I don’t have a family and I'm the most eligible bachelor in the town. I was once a carpenter. No one ever respected my profession, my existence was almost negligible.

I joined a Pizza shop as a delivery man, just to interact with people and get noticed. First few days were okay. But then some teens made fun of me and bullied me, both the customers and the owner yelled at me for late deliveries .They treated me like shit. I was angry, very angry.

Another order came, I tried my best but I was still 5mins late. It was an old man, he screamed like hell for just 5min late delivery. Out of anger I delivered the Pizza right on his bloody face and he fell down. I tried to pick him up, I noticed there was no pulse! I took the Pizza cleared all traces and ran away. That night I was pissed off, I could barely sleep. I checked the news. Old man’s news was flooding. I got scared but I felt happy, my audience started noticing me. They were in fear of the killer and then I begin my series of Killing..

My first target were those teens-Farhan and Faisal, I fully covered my face, abducted them and brought them to my helldom. I tied Farhan to a chair, he was my audience and tied Faisal on the Table so that I could begin the show. Firstly I placed a block of ice on his back, spine to be more specific. It was literally a spine chilling moment for him, he was in pain for almost an hour. I went for my next move, I took a few nails and hammered it right into his elbow and thigh joints. He couldn’t bare the pain and started screaming. It was like an orgasm to my ears. Believe me I seriously nailed it. Now the time came for painting. I took a sharp knife pierced it on his back right into his spine. Farhan had the tears of fear, he was in pain, his friend was literally in pain but I enjoyed it. I dragged the knife slowly till I reached his hip. My hands were painted with blood, it felt great. Still blood was gushing out of his body, through his veins. For the finishing touch I sawed his neck and there I ended my first show successfully I did same with Farhan, everyone must be treat equally right? I disposed them in a trash with two 'F' and one 'U' alphabet, obviously the hint to my next prey. The first letter of their names. I was ruling the news. No one cared about me before but now people were behind to know my identity and my name.

So far I have performed 7 shows Faisal, Ulka, Charles, Karthik, Om, Farhan, Fred. 7 shows, 7 alphabets. Well it seems that those alphabets were not just clues but also a message to the Police. Just a mere coincidence.

 

Moral: We must respect others and their feelings. Disrespecting their feelings may lead them on a wrong path.

 

-  Harshvardhan

 

 

10. K2K00074

THE WINNER OF DISRESPECT“

        I am so much pleased with the huge gathering that responded to my public address on a contemporary issue. The applause has continued for minutes, and every face exhibits the sense of contentment and enjoyment when the chorus praises me as the best icon of the art of public speaking of this century. No doubt I am very proud of this moment.

            I had been an established writer when that unforgettable incident in my life occurred. I had never shown my face to the outside world and was immensely satisfied to live in my secluded world of creation and my name became the best seller.

          One day a group of my ardent fans requested me to address a gathering. To be frank I had never tried my hand in public speaking, but I could not somehow resist their invitation.

         The assembly hall was full and I was standing behind a podium with my shivering legs and drying mouth.  I began my speech with 

         I conceive…

         I conceive …

         I conceive …

But I could not proceed beyond these two words despite my best efforts and stood helplessly on the dais. The audience kept silence hoping to hear my words as a river flowing, as they had experienced it in my writing. But alas, no words came from my mouth and suddenly a lady stood up and said loudly,       

  “Sir, you have confessed ‘conceive’ three times, but I am sorry that you cannot ‘become pregnant' even once! You have a moustache, ah! ah!”

            It was a great moment of contempt and disrespect to me. I meant conceive as ‘imagine’ and that lady made fun of me appropriately. I ran away and spent sleepless nights to become an accomplished speaker.

            You know my status today.

Moral:  A winner treats contempt or disrespect as a source of positivity and optimism.

-R. Arunachalam 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்

LGBTQ & DISABILITY