LGBTQ & DISABILITY

1.K2K –00016

 

Love makes life beautiful!

He is very angry ever since he arrived from the trip. He didn’t eat food nor uttered a word. Talk to him.

Okay ma.

What is making my baby so dull now? Do you want to share with amma?

Rumi sat in silence waiting for Ayaan to open up.

Ma, you know Aarav right?

Yes!

He hugged and kissed me in the trip yesterday.

Okay.

I didn’t like him touching me without my consent and all started teasing us ma.

Okay.

So in anger, I bit his hands and pushed him in the bus amma.

When did this happen?

Today afternoon, amma. I felt really bad and hurt. He began crying.

Did you ask sorry Ayaan?

No amma, my stopping came so I got down.

Did I do wrong amma, Ayaan cried hugging Rumi now. She held him in his arms and made him sat cross-legged on her lap.

Ayaan, Aarav has expressed his love towards you and you didn’t like it. It’s nice you were aware of it. Instead of pushing him you should have said ‘no’ my dear. And, your classmates teasing you have led you to push him in the bus but it isn’t the right way to treat someone baby.

Will you like if I hit you? tell me.

No ma.

Then how would Aarav have felt?

But Amma he can’t kiss me.

I get it. You tell him next time kindly and ask sorry. How are you feeling now baby?

I am feeling better but Amma, can a boy- boy love each other?

Absolutely, What’s wrong in it?

Will you love a girl amma?

Of course, why not?

Then shall I also Aarav without kissing or touching him?

I am absolutely fine with it, Ayaan!

Amma, you’re a beautiful soul!

So you’re, my love!

Consent and children’s curiosity go hand in hand. Love sees no labels! Being there for children anytime diminishes disparity and discrimination! Sex education begins at the womb!

Open up!

Love is sublime! 

With Love

Amritha Prem

 

 

2. K2K 00022

UNTOLD STORY

Sept, 6 2018,

              Woke up late, then done all household works in hurry burry.Sent off my 10-year-old son to school, and my husband to the office. Then I had time for myself, had breakfast and done all usual routine works and switched on the TV and sat in a sofa. Changed all channels nothing new so kept news channel. Some kind of feeling happened to me and it takes me to my past.

 

          I am Latha, very talkative girl. My parents sent me hostel in girls convent school in 11th . In my dorm where I met suji, who I get attracted in the first sight. I went and introduced myself and slowly we became good friends. It was a different feeling to me which I never get on other girls, and i hated others talking to her. I spent all the time with her. My eyes always searched for her and being with her makes me happy.

         Her first touch which made my heart flutters and goosebumps. It was a new feeling to me and I loved that. One day I confessed my thoughts to her, and then slowly she also had same feeling on me

        It was the Diwali time, many went home only a few students stayed we decided not to go home. That night we both sat on a steps and talked for hours and suddenly current off, suji hugged me and I kissed her. Then whenever we get a alone time we just hug and kiss. Slowly this news spread in our dorm, and everyone behaved different to us. But we didn't feel wrong in that. It came to ear of our parents, they scolded us, but we been the same so my parents decided to quit my schooling and within a month they arranged a marriage. Things happened Suddenly, I get married and in a year I had a baby.

                  I should have born somewhere in foreign countries or as an animal to live as I thought. Nothing happened as per my wish and I buried all my desires and living like a inanimate object. I stopped talking with everyone and started living for my son.

           Till now, I don't know where suji is...hope somewhere she will also watch this news.

           'section 377 is arbitrary'

           Law plays a role to live as per their wish, and now people like me will live without struggles. After many years, I had a real smile and started doing my routine works.

        NO MORE HOLDING BACK

                       BE RECKLESS

       TELL YOUR LOVE TO EVERYBODY

                                              LOVE IS LOVE

 

S.T.ANBUSELVI

 

 

 

3. K2K00039

LGBTQIA+ and disability

"Hey, Zoe !!! What is your problem?

Why do you keep behaving so arrogantly?

I asked you to leave the hostel"

Yells the warden...

"It is you people who made me arrogant"(with a burning sight)

Zoe leaves the hostel.....

Why is she forced to leave the hostel?

Because she is a lesbian.

Yes, you heard it right. She is a LESBIAN. Belongs to the minority group who suffers to live their natural life.

Since her own roommate could not understand her feelings when she says she had a crush on another girl,

Zoe was made fun of by other girls in the hostel.

Which eventually ended up where she starts behaving arrogantly with the girl whom she had a crush.

Many abuses takes place just because of the lack of understanding among our majority people.

We talk about Article 14(Equality), Article 21(Personal Liberty).... Doesn’t these apply for them too?

Why do we consider "them" as against nature, when their feelings is very natural one?

Of course, here I represent "them" as the minority group LGBTQIA+(Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Queer/Question, Intersex, Asexual and similar others)

 

Don't we realize this is a kind of disability for them, that they are not able to live naturally which leads to name them as being arrogant just like Zoe.

Oh sorry! Disability even lies inside the books!!!

Lets wake up. Although we have strong laws now to support them, the much needed support for such LGBTQIA + and disability minority group is - - we the majority people.....

Let us take up the role of Zoe's roommate trying to understand Zoe's feelings and help her appropriately and be a support system for people like Zoe without DISCRIMINATION.

"It is'nt their fault. This is nature"

Comment: Majority is not the criteria to be right, and minority is not always wrong. Let's unite, let's treat everyone equally, let's not discriminate.

#Aish#

 

 

 

 

4. K2K00070

BRAINSTORM

Once there were two families 'The Nairs' and 'The Menons' in Kerala. Both the families were neighbours and close friends too. Ajay was the only son of 'The Nairs' and Isha was the only daughter of 'The Menons'.

In their childhood both Ajay and Isha would play together, but their wavelengths never matched. They'd always fight with each other. But they were always united.

Years passed, in school there were rumors about their relationship. But it was not true they both were just friends, as time passed they came to know about their homosexuality. They both shared it with each other. They started researching and studying on it. They had similar symptoms. It was a secret between them.

After schooling they reached College. As all the adults they also wanted relationships and to satisfy their desires. So they started searching for matches on a dating app and they found a few matches. And finally they both were in relationship. Ajay was in a relationship with Arjun Nambiar and Isha was with Nithya Kurup. Their bond became stronger with time.

After their graduation, Ajay's parents and Isha's parents wanted to get them married. Ajay and Isha hesitated to tell their parents the truth. They were not sure how'd their parents would react on it. But one day Ajay confessed to his parents that he was a gay and was in a relationship with Arjun. Ajay's parents were in shock, they somehow forced him to marry Isha but he resisted. His parents were worried. Isha did the same and she also received the same response. Both the families were upset but they didnt shared it as it was a matter of family pride.

Days passed but there was no improvement in their situation, both Ajay and Isha tried a lot to convinced them for their love, but their families couldnt accept the fact that their children were homosexual. They couldnt accept their love.

Ajay and Isha couldnt see them in that condition. One day they called on both the families and agreed on the marriage. Both the families were happy. They started all the preparations for their marriage on full swing. Both Ajay and Isha were married to each other in a traditional way.

Ajay bought a house far from his parents in Chennai and settled there with Isha.

You may think that they both sacrificed their love, for their parents and lived the rest of their life with memories of their love, but NO! Here's the twist, marriage was all a part of plan. Guess who was their neighbour! 'Arjun and Nithya Nambiar'. They devised this plan so that their parents would become satisfied and four of them could live the life they wanted.

Moral: Every problem has a solution, you just have to look for it at the right place, at the right time.

Written by Harshvardhan

 

 

 

5. K2K00074

 Appearance is DECEPTIVE

             It was a much awaited day in the life of the bachelor Ram. He preserved everything exclusively for his future wife.

            It was his marriage day. He was  modern in his approach and traditional in his marriage. He chose Sona, a beautiful, educated lady, to marry.

           His much awaited hour came and it was his maiden attempt on the maid of his life. He approached her intimately and emotionally. But Sona resisted his advances and spoke clearly:

           “Ram, I don’t believe in this marriage. No one around me except my dearest friend knows about my sexual behavior. When I have stayed in the women's hostel during my graduation Leela and I have attracted sexually each other and been lesbians and it is impossible for me to neither give it up nor disclose it without some support. You've to show the way for me to reunite with  my beloved sweetheart, please.”

           “Then, why did you agree for the heterosexual marriage with me?”, Ram asked in despair.

            “To be frank I was afraid of honor killing in case I exposed my desire to wed my lady love, as my family had been highly conservative and ‘primitive’. When you proposed to marry me, I  felt it was a God given opportunity for me. I know from the media that you are  a promising young lawyer who champions the causes of our LGBTQ+ group and advocates our rights for inclusiveness in our society. I hope you will not only divorce me but also arrange for my reunion with that lovely Leela,” pleaded Sona.

           It was the red letter day in the judiciary. Ram won his case of divorcing his virgin wife and presided over her marriage with Leela, the first legalised lesbian marriage in the country. And he remained himself a celibate.

Moral: The physiological and psychological influences determine the sexual behaviours of many groups and their inclusiveness is the need of the hour.

R. Arunachalam

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்