MY LIFE JOURNEY

1.K2K –00016

 

 The little things

 

Saaral fidgeted her little hands while waiting for the final round in her favorite magazine ‘Infinthoughts’ office located in Chennai.

 

The interviewer came forward and told her to write a 300-word article on life lessons! She sat straight with her ink pen and hardbound journal.

 

To my younger and future self!

 

I am writing from the present!

 

1. Ask – Ask a lot of curious questions but don’t assume, or be bothered about other’s opinions

 

2. Believe in yourself and the Universe, it conspires!

 

4. Be aware of yourself inside out. Introspect, reflect, ponder within – you’re the world’s best creation! Keep yourself as a priority and most importantly live in the present!

 

4. Don’t compare or judge!

 

6. Dream!

 

7. Evolve day by day to your newer, better self!

 

8. Find your inner calling! The head, heart, and hands are interconnected.  Find what you love and passionate about, carve your dreams/vision out of it! Take risks but be consistent! Do what gives you joy, be it little or big!

 

9. Get back to your roots. Stay connected to Mother Earth!

 

10. Health and healing coexist!

 

11. Be kind, be a humanitarian!

 

12. Show gratitude!

 

13. Learn, unlearn, and relearn until your last breath!

 

14. Love, love, love unconditionally, love without expectations! Love yourself in abundance – Self-love is a must.

 

15. Money is a need not a want

 

16. Inner peace is bliss!

 

17. People matter, Relationship matter but don’t force anybody/anyone! Space matters!

 

18. Quench your thirst by knowing the unknown!

 

19. Smile often!

 

20. Surprise yourself and your beloved ones every now and then!

 

21. Say no to ‘stereotypes’

 

22. Being vulnerable is strength!

 

23. Keep the child inside you alive, always!

 

24. Converse from your heart and make universal connections

 

25. Travel – Embark your journey irrespective of the destination!

 

I am done, she said after 45 minutes of contemplation.

 

It’s intense just like you, said the interviewer with a smile on her lips.

 

Am I?

 

You’re, yes you’re selected as a mindfulness columnist!

 

Saaral danced with glee and it began drizzling outside and she could see it through the glass windows.

 

- Amritha Prem

 

 

 

 

2. K2K 00022

 

 MY LIFE JOURNEY:     

 

           My name is Anbu, usually others say it's only in your name not in you because I shout often, but only to the people I know. I’m full of secrets and let's see my untold stories.

 

          I joined hostel at the age of 8.I took care of myself from that age. My parents fight daily, my father decided that should not disturb my studies, so, they took that decision. 3 different schools,hostels,friends, wardens, etc.

 

I won't talk about my past school to others, I don't like people feel bad for me, so I left unsaid. I didn’t have any family friends, but in hostel I had a gang and just like that years passed. But deep inside missed my home, they treated me like a princess, I got everything which I needed. This made me emotionally weak. I crave for love that slowly turned to shout for little things.

 

           At 14, I had infatuation on my cousin four years elder one, the only boy I know other than my brother and father. He had same feelings too. My father had full faith on him, he left him to take care of me in Chennai, which was new to me.

 

        Life was so nice to me at first. Our love was not like others ,we won't talk that much ,but most of the weekends we spent together. I let him to live by himself, I won't involve in his things. I believed him. One day I read his chat with his friend and asked about it, and where the shit starts. I tried many times to avoid him but situations made us to meet again and again and by seeing him, I completely forgot everything and started to talk, and same shit happened. This circle goes for nearly 2 years.I don't know how to handle things. But slowly I managed to handle ,my friends who never let me feel for him but I'm good at hiding my feelings. Still, i can't forget him. I’m emotionally weak but mentally strong, I never let this to affect my studies or other happiness.

 

         This love made me to realize what life is. Now , I have started to live for my parents and for myself.

 

My life lessons:

        Everyone has a story. And there is something to be learned from every experience.

       Whatever happens, life goes on.

       Never let anyone live your life.

       Train your mind to be stronger than your emotions.

       Everything happens for a reason.

 

-S.T.ANBUSELVI

 

 

 

 

3. K2K-00028

 

 LIFE ITSELF A LESSON

 

I never thought I would be in this position in my life. I love to write stories that happen in my life. But, in the later process, I came to know that every moment of my life teaches me a lesson. Yeah, everyone will agree to this.

 

Once, when I was studying 12th standard, I wasn’t that aware about what I'm going to do next. It was 22nd February when my life took a new path. It was very different for me. I was preparing for my public exam and suddenly a call came. My mom attended the call. So, I didn’t worry about that. But, in the next few days, calls flooded and it was all my relatives whom I haven’t even heard them in the recent past. They started to ask about my prep, my next career idea, my college plans and my dreams. My mom was very confused about it and my dad started to worry about it. I said my plan of doing engineering at SSN which was a big no from my relatives. They all wanted me to write NEET and become a doctor.

 

That time, in my life, I thought for a moment, “Who are these people? Why do they care about me? From where did they come from? Are these the same people, when my mom asked for some help and they ignored it without even hearing it? Are these the same people, when my dad asked for financial help and they were not ready to listen to it? Are these the same people, when my grandfather was dead, but no one turned to see him? Are these the same people, who never turned back again, when I got selected in my favourite college? Are these the same people, who never cared about our family though we did a lot during their tough times?”

 

Then I got the answer. They are the same people who come to our life temporarily and teach us very valuable lessons.

 

MORAL:

 

Temporary people teach us permanent lessons.

 AKASH P

 

 

 

 

4.K2K00039

 

My life lesson

 

The questions...

In life does money play an important role?

Is money evil?

 

At some point of time this thought gets deeper!!

 

I look around people saying "A course is absolutely free? Then definitely some kind of scam is involved!"

 

What is the connection between scam and free!! It looked puzzled for me.

 

At one point my family situations forced me to accept that "Yes, money is important in your life. You lack that more"

 

Before i could begin the race like the rest of the people, something stopped me!!

 

Ok, are you really gonna run behind money for the only reason you lack this more?!

 

Are you sure you can console your conscience with this?

 

All these stopped my flow of life. Puts me in a dilemma!

 

Let me take a pause... Before getting into the race, let me take one chance to satisfy my inner soul. Let me try one thing that pacifies my soul.

 

But amidst this journey i found my answer to the very first question!

Money is'nt evil its just that you need not run behind it... There's lot more than money.

 

"COVID 19" you are not dreadful as people say.

Of course you swallowed many lives which is unfortunate!

 

But you didn't fail to teach-

"Money is not a priority in life than your inner peace"

 

Ok! Now!

What about the economy downfall?!

If money isn't important then why is there so much chaos.

 

Once again failing to understand the human power to rebuild anything from the scratch!!!!

 

Folks!!! It would be unfair to end this story without mentioning this platform of AHB-"Let's talk Let's connect" that clarified me with a session “Yes, money is'nt everything"

 

Comment: Be true to inner conscience which money can't get you.

- Aishwarya.K

 

 

 

 

5. K2K00060

 

 Journey from comfort zone to confront zone

Life was never too easy, when shyness, fear and social anxiety attacks one person.

It may even affect the mind and performance​.Either you do or die.

Either you overcome your fear and deal with it or continue as a failure forever.

Story of a cry baby to the person who is today.

Aisha was a total failure at school too shy, fear to speak out and bad at studies.

She was a total cry baby and that was the reason she didn’t have friends at all.

She however made it to college and after completing her UG, took the courage to choose a professional course.

During PG she felt being shy could never reach anywhere.

She retained her character and had to wear a mask of boldness worked much hard.

Sudden change was never easy.

It was a journey from a comfortable zone to state of being confronted by all.

The course she choose was not very popular one and she had to work hard to earn.

Getting into competitive world was never easy for Aisha.

She had to overcome criticism and finally Aisha entered into a job in her field.

Obstacles during probation period was too high.

She had to withstand in that job to prove herself.

Finally Aisha earned the job, still retaining the mask of boldness.

Deep inside she is the same old shy girl who fears to take every step and also a bold professional women who take decision boldly.

Moral: The lesson which Aisha life taught is that being an introvert is not your mistake but don’t let the world use it against you.

By

Aishwarya

 

 

 

 

6. K2K00074

 

TO KNOW THYSELF

           Experience is the best teacher and I have more of its positive than negative instances in my life.

 

            I happened to live my most productive three decades in another linguistic area in our country. We have so many socio cultural  factors that divide us, though we all profess that we are one. We say no caste, religion, region, dowry, gender discrimination, etc. in public and practice them implicitly or explicitly in private.

 

           My name itself betrays my identity in that area, where it is not in vogue. Besides my accent  also proclaims that the local language is not my mother tongue, as I speak it in the affected manner of my mother tongue. So my identity stands exposed  that I am not the son of the soil.

 

          One of my learned acquaintances one day asked me audaciously what my caste was! I was shocked to hear that query directly. So I evaded the reply deliberately. In our second meeting he asked me the same. This time I mentioned my caste directly. In our third encounter, he said that he could not understand what my caste meant, as he could not find its equivalence in his state. I lectured on the complicated caste and sub caste system of my original state. Again when we met, he expressed unhappily his inability of identifying my caste. A lightning flashed in my mind. I told him that I had generally never bothered about the caste of others. However I asked him to mention his caste. When he answered his caste, I told him politely that my caste was the same as his! He was very much relieved to hear it. His behavior towards me changed very friendly. He announced to his friends that I belonged to his community. I felt relieved of my identity.

 

Moral: We always search for identity and stand divided. Let us treat all external demarcations as immaterial so that we know ourselves.

R. Arunachalam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்

LGBTQ & DISABILITY