School

1.K2K-00015

MEMORIES THAT FLASHED BEFORE ME

It was that cold evening, when I looked back at my happy days, sitting at the corner in a classroom of my college. With tear drops slithering out from my eyes, memories flashed before me. Everyone gathered near my desk. I opened my tiffin box. Their hands got shifted quickly and they left me nothing to eat – my favourite lunch break memory was replayed by my brain. I chuckled like an idiot with tears. I still remember how much I was fond about my college days during my school. I thought that I would create the best ever memories there. But it turned out to be the worst phase of my life. Selfish people, over responsibility, extremely limited friends and heartbreak. Thinking about heartbreak, I walked down the memory lane to witness ‘Madhu’. How could someone apply full stop to their school memories without talking about their first crush? I still remember how her eyes brought jolt inside my nerves. She was lean, tall and fair like the dazzling bright clouds. She was eternally beautiful like the fairies in the river of paradise. Her smile was the only drug I used to get those days. Till the end, my feelings left unsaid- and that was the beauty in it. Inhaling the hot aroma of masala-puri with friends, muttering in classes, exhibiting my sporting skills in hand cricket, faking tears to teachers to gain their sympathy, fighting for duster with the other class students, and finally, exchanging warm hugs with friends during the farewell. Remembering all these little things brought tsunami of emotions inside me. I wondered, why people became selfish when they reach 18? Why people became too harsh? Where are the people who used to pick me in their arms and kiss me when I was a kid? Why people love me when I was unaware about the world, and why they keep rejecting me when I needed love the most? I asked all these questions. And ‘life’, is the obvious answer to all.

MORAL: Life brings us tears, smiles and also, ‘memories’.

-ENOCH IRAIANBU

 

 

2.K2K–00016

Kalam Salaam!

A school where learning is not taught but experienced physically, visually, artistically, mentally, emotionally, intellectually, a school where books are read to enhance one’s linguistic and storytelling skills, a school where one knows to grow their own food and cook it traditionally, a school where the basic needs (clothing, shelter, water ) are met sustainably, a school where one talks about their emotions explicitly, a school where hands and hearts coordinate mindfully, a school where nature is embraced beautifully, a school where one find their roots and passion, a school where parents and children co-facilitate, a school where grandparents become our wisdom counsellors,  a school where artists perform round the clock, a school where classrooms exist outside the four walls, a school where blackboards are used to ink and visualize their dreams, a school where children are believed for they are and becoming, a school where stereotypes and myths are broken, a school where one learn to make their own things to play day and night, a school where soil, plants, birds, animals and insects are treated with love and compassion, a school where human beings are evolved to be humane! This is how my dream school should be, Ankita wrote in her 100 words essay when her English teacher, Agalaya asked to describe her dream school.

Agalaya sat mesmerized looking at her essay and stuck it on her yellow colored file where she treasures her children’s dreams. She wanted to draft all of these dreams to Abdul Kalam sir, her only inspiration. When her father opposed her wish to study further post 12th standard due to lack of money, Abdul kalam’s sir book “You’re born to blossom” got published. Her father who came across the book in government library tells her only daughter to read it. On reading it in one sitting, Ankita said her father, she wants to become a school teacher and her father stood frozen. B.Ed. course was affordable to his needs and he accepted it immediately.  She pursued the course and got appointed at the same school where APJ studied. His words “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.”

She became one!

He made her one!

With Love

Amritha Prem

 

3. K2K 00022

 SCHOOL

SWEET MEMORY:

            It was a long leave, so, we cleaned our home and in self I found my old books.I have only one person who I share everything, it was my diary who knows all my secrets. Yes I have the habit of writing diary from school  

                 2010 diary, most memorable things happened that year. June 27 th , I met a person who changed me. I met her, don’t know why I liked her at first sight, her eyes which I will watch for hours without blinking.     

 From that day I came first to school to see her. And attended all classes.   

  In maths test I got zero mark, everyone laughed at me she laughed too. It was so cute to see but it will create bad image to her, so I decided to study well, so she will like me.

          

One day my friend called me to canteen, but I refused, because I need to see her, she slept on the desk like a baby, two eyes not be enough to see that, but thank god he doesn't ask me the reason. But I am not getting sleep.   

In exam, first time she speaks with me ,that words 'do u have two pens, I lost mine ' and 'thanks'. I had only one pen I gave it to her and I borrowed from my friend. And now my only treasure was that pen,I can't explain it in words about my happiness.  

 My friend asked me how u get pass in all subjects, and at that time I realized I had changed completely ,from half yearly late comer to the first student ,absentees to all day present from low grade student to high grade student. And she changed me.

      Tomorrow is last day of school, I should talk to her         

I tried to talk to her but don't know how to talk. But by leaving the school, she turned back and watched the school that one look is enough for me to live.    

 After reading that, i still feel that feeling. For everyone school-days was best ,for me she made my school days as heavenly days. my school days are incomplete without her.   

Only me(introvert) and my diary knows about my school days. And now I’m sharing (writing) my thoughts with my friend (new diary).       

         “ NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS SOME MEMORIES CAN NEVER BE REPLACED.”

-. S.T.Anbuselvi

 

 

 

4.K2K00028

IT’S MY TURN

Shyam, a 15 year old, was busy in getting ready for this school. But it was his dad’s turn to leave him today. His mom, Subha, was out of station. So, His dad, Ravi, took him on his motorcycle to his school. His school was 5 km away from his home. During that journey, Shyam asked, “Dad, How did you meet our mom?”

His dad said, “My Son, It is a beautiful memory in my life. I first met her in 10th standard. She was so beautiful. Her smile would take me to paradise for hours together. Her walk was like a golden chariot. Her Hair was a stream of Black pearls. Her First look took my teen a ride. I first spoke to her in my class, asking for lame doubts and stupid project ideas. Then, we started to talk for hours. Hours became seconds when I spoke to her. I never read that day and night in my life. I began to read a lot just to ask doubts (Keeping this as a reason, I could listen to her diamond words!). Love never seemed to be that deep. For the first time in my life, I listened to my heart. There were always quarrels between my heart and brain debating about her and her beauty!

Soon, Our Public exams came and my love deepened when our results were released. Our names were on the board of school toppers as I and Your Mom got the same marks and we were school first!! Again, for the first time in my life, it’s my turn to show my courage and I said my love to her. Surprisingly, she accepted it in my first attempt. Then I came to know that she also loved me so deeply that she came to my school for me. That time, for me, “Love is simple and magical, When it is true”….Then we grew up, Married each other with whole hearted families and decided that “WE TIE TILL WE DIE! “So, That was My kutti Love story! School was much better than these Office chores. That was a turn in my life. ”

Shyam was awestruck after listening to this story. She Blushed and said to his heart ”Now It’s your turn Baby! Nila is waiting for you…….”

MORAL: Love is simple and Magical, When it is True

AKASH P

 

 

5. K2K00039

SCHOOL

School,

Yes, this very name keeps us flooded with a lot of memories.......

Moreover, the journey to our dreamland begins in this very place !

Now let us take few minutes and dive into the dreamland of Ashika.

Most of us would have gone through the initial phase just like Ashika.

The journey which begins with a cry on the first day when her parents leave her in the strange big building where she knew not anyone. The ambience of the classroom looking so haunted filled with lot of strange faces.....

But one sweet angel named teacher amidst these faces welcoming her with a cute smiling face which pacified her....

This way the exposure to the world outside had begun. Everyday seemed to be new. Music, dance, fun, secret crushes, voicing out many things, above all earning many good friends. She was growing not just physically also mentally. She starts shaping her dreams.

She was a good athlete in this journey. The cheers from the crowd was really a different experience for her. She started enjoying this.

She anchored her path to be this way. Sounds of the cheers was a rhythm in her heart... Also she was said to be tough and scared every competitor because once her legs are placed on the ground she never returns without bagging the first price.

When she has this firm mindset, She held the badge of a school topper ended up becoming a Company secretary. What happened to an athlete??

Because she was taught "In order to earn you must study. Only studies will make you earn in life... "

Is this because of the system she got down from her dreamland??? This still remains a question........

Yes, though we have some merits still the education system remains a controversial question for many!!!

Comment: A school is a building that has mixed emotions, not just about the books we study but the way we learn our life. It must pave way to each kids dreamland...

#Aish#

 

6. K2K00060

GRANNY SAVES THE DAY

Mrs.Dumble (Granny) is a widow. She is very strong women in town. Even in her early 80s she is highly active women. Her husband Late Mr. Sam Dumble was an army officer died in a war. He left his only earnings a stationary shop, in which he wished to spend his retirement life to his wife. Granny only son Jack dumble was also army office and died in a war. Despite of so many sorrows granny was very much active and cheerful.

She wakes up early goes for a walk in the Greenwich Park near her house. She has two friends who she meets daily in the park Mrs. Harry and Mr. Michel.

Mrs. Harry is the principal of CherryBerry high school near granny stationary shop and Mr.Michel  is a worker at granny stationary shop. After having a refreshing walk in the park granny goes home completes her daily chores and goes to her shop. On the way to Her shop granny sees her cruel neighbour and mayor of the town Mr. Steward.

Mr. Steward is cruel man in the town. He troubles people of Greenwich town. Mr. steward hates granny as she helps people and opposes Mr. Steward for his bad deeds.

Granny stationary shop was always crowded with kids of cherry berry school. Here comes running granny favorite kid Jelly. Jelly is a student at cherry berry school. He is one of the favorite customers of granny and he is always in a hurry as he is late for school.

It was a very pleasant day suddenly there was a loud noise from the distance. A huge machine came forcefully and hit the building of cherry berry school. All the students started running here and there with fear.

Suddenly granny ran towards the machine and stood before it. Everybody was shocked to see granny's courage. A fat man with harsh voice came out of the machine and shouted at granny asking her to move. Granny did not move and enquired about the sudden action. The fat man named Nicholas with other 4men with full of anger rushed to principal room. Granny followed them. Granny stood outside principal room to overhear their conversation. Those men were workers of Ted construction. Their boss instructed them to smash this school building for the construction of a shopping mall. They say that the land belongs to them.

But the principal argued to them stating that land belong to school and not to some builders. They threated principal and warned her to vacate the place or else they will destroy the building and gave 1week time. Granny after hearing this felt awfully bad. She felt something wrong is happening. This school is where granny had her education and her son also studied here. It was many years old school and granny only income was from this school.

Mrs. Harry was very much depressed. Granny consoled her. This threatening is happening for past 1month.

It all started few months back when Mrs. Harry was in very much shortage of money to buy necessary things for kids at school. Harry runs school for poor kids and she only collects very little amount as fees and this little amount is not sufficient to buy things for kids.

So to buy things for kids she pledge school land to Mr. Steward for a loan and promised to return the money in 1month time. After 1month when Mrs. Harry went to pay the money back at get her land, Steward said he sold the land to Ted construction as he needed money to buy a car. The next day when

Mrs. Harry went to meet the owner and CEO of Ted builders, she was shocked, few years back a man named Samuel had an eye on Mrs. Harry school land and he even asked Mrs. Harry same but she refused so now he used this opportunity and bought land by throwing money to greedy Steward. After hearing this story Granny went straight to Ted constructions to meet owner Ted Samuel to talk about this land problem. Samuel was very cunning man he asked double money that he paid to Steward to return this land and gave a week time to pay money or else they will smash the building. After hearing this Mrs. Harry lost all hope and kids became incredibly sad whole school became gloomy. The poor kids and parents donated whatever they could to save the school but that was not enough as total money was ridiculously huge. The final day arrived the whole town gathered before the school with sad face, the men arrived to destroy the school. Suddenly granny came and stopped the men. She paid the whole money and saved the school. All the people became incredibly happy. Mrs. Harry thanked granny. Granny sold her only way of income, her only shop to save the school. Now granny had nothing, so she packed her bag was about to leave suddenly Mrs. Harry stopped her and she gave granny a job in school as a reward for her good deeds. And They lived happily ever after.

MORAL: This is about how much important school and education is and kids should not matter what fight for education to get brighter future.

-AISHWARYA

7. K2K00070

NOSTALGIA

In my school I have been a first, middle and a back bencher too. But for my teachers I was always a first bencher, studious one. Teachers would wake up a student and scold him if he/she slept in their class but for me it was exactly the opposite, if I ever slept in a class, teacher would be like, “Let him sleep, he might be ill today". I was a lucky fellow.

School teachers were the best teachers in my life but some teachers were kind of weird, we used to call them antique, I still remember a teacher, she would say, “shit your place" instead of "sit in your place”. In our lunch break, I still remember our benches would look like the dining table of "The last supper". Within few minutes each box would be empty.

Lakshit, Eshwar, Moin, Vivek, Kunal and Rahul. Those were my buddies, we had fun together in each class commenting on others, teachers and even on girls.

Once it was a language class, Eshwar was drawing an art instead of writing, our teacher caught him and told him to draw a painting for her. He misunderstood it and drew her sketch. Teacher was like,"What the hell is this?!". Eshwar was like, “You.., Mam". Dude..she got offended and Eshwar ended up in the HM's room. She didn’t liked her own painting, reality is often disappointing right? That was hilarious.

In school days everyone would have had a crush on someone. Even I had a crush on some girls and a few teachers too.. but never confessed to someone. It was nice a feeling which made us come school and helped in attendance. Actually I met a girl once, she was my junior. We became good friends. In lunch breaks we used to share our boxes, gossip. It continued for about a month. One day I was absent, she asked my friend if I had a girlfriend. After knowing this I got confused. I didn’t know what to do, this was a completely new feeling for me. There were gossips in my class about us in my class. I got scared and in every lunch break I used to go and hide somewhere. I know, I was a complete asshole. She stopped coming to my class a week after. There ended her chapter.

And finally we come to the Farewell. The happiest and saddest part of our school life. Farewell day was special, all the girls of our class were looking gorgeous on that particular day, which we never saw them like that before. We all learnt a lesson that day, never ignore a girl.We had fun that day. Danced with my friends, participated in cultural shows. And at the end shedded tears. That was the last day we all were together. Whenever I remember those days I always get tears in my eyes.

Moral: No matter how much you hated the school, but it will be the finest and most beautiful memories of your life.

Written by Harshvardhan

 

8. K2K00074

 “CREATIVITY”

“No doubt, schooling is very essential in one's life and in  all societies,  getting formal education is the part of the growing process of children in their formative years. But I'm afraid that it mayn't be true”, said the musician, the Oscar award winner of the year.

“Do you mean that schooling is irrelevant?”,  asked the reporter interviewing him.

“In a way you are correct, if the schools produce only the ready made brains stuffed with the bookish knowledge that is irrelevant beyond the board examinations that assess the scholastic achievements of students based on their performance in the year end examinations”,  continued the genius.

 “How can you say so about the system that many practice for centuries?”, asked the reporter curiously.

“You know that in our system the students study for three hundred days, write their examinations for three hours, get their performance assessed in three minutes and their marks determine their future forever. Don’t you think it results in anomalies? “

“Of course it does!”,

“Yea, that’s why you find many academic achievers become the followers and the so called non academic achievers their masters in real life. Rather the schools create ‘conditioned’ brains which follow the learning process mechanically, while the non conditioned tread in the roads not taken to invent or discover on their own, provided they focus on their passions dedicatedly”, paused the musician thoughtfully.

“You are right, sir. History shows that many inventors or discoverers failed in the formal system of education to become achievers in their passionate fields. Ex. mathematician Ramanujan, writer R K Narayan, scientist  Thomas Alva Edition, etc.,” agreed the interviewer.

“Glad you’ve got the point. The school education should encourage the child to be creative.  Personally I do not have any academic credentials, but my Oscars,” sang the winner.

Moral: The school should encourage the creative talents of the taught, ignoring the systemic hurdles.

-R. Arunachalam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்

LGBTQ & DISABILITY