Gratitude

1.K2K 00016

 

Gratitude Angel!

 

Thanks and sorry makes any relationship evolves beautifully but what about the relationship we have with our bodies and Mother Earth.

 

Are we thanking our bodies which our parents gifted us?

 

Are we showing gratitude to our parents who brought us to the world by carrying us in their womb for nine months and giving us the freedom to be what we are now?

 

Are we thanking our Mother Earth and five-elements for fulfilling our daily needs?

 

Shakira, a seven-year-old African girl was an angel of gratitude in her tribal village.  She thanks her foot every day for holding her weight since birth, she thanks her twinkling eyes to witness the greenery surrounding around, she thanks her hands and ten little fingers to hold her beloved ones and eat what she loves, she kisses her natural skin and curly hair with utmost joy to show respect for what she is inside out, she thanks her small triangular nose to inhale and exhale the fresh aroma, she thanks her vocal cord to talk about what she feels,  she thanks all her internal organs abundantly for its proper functioning by doing what is needed, be it eating mindfully or sleeping on time with par to sunrise and sunset.

 

The villagers were overwhelmed by seeing the way she was. Many wanted to be like her but couldn’t so they decided to ask her. She was sitting near the lake, looking calm and serene.

 

Shakira, how are you able to be so kind and grateful, they asked.

 

I don’t know, she replied back innocently looking at the water flowing selflessly not knowing its destination but enjoying its journey.

 

The village chief noticing the discomfort among the villagers asked Shakira, can you guide us to be the way you’re.

 

Shakira looked at him and carelessly replied, I do what I love chief. I thank myself and the little things around me with unconditional love and zero expectations. 

 

The chief was taken aback by her wisdom whilst the villagers witnessed her drinking the free-flowing water by bowing down to the lake and thanking it yet again.

 

Show gratitude – it's magical!

 

It’s not the destination that makes your life beautiful but your journey!

 

With Love

Amritha Prem

 

 

 

 

2. K2K 00022

 

 MY NEXT OF KIN:

  

               In childhood, we usually hate things which was good. I hate studies, exercise, vegetables and most importantly my mom's side relatives. They did many things, but they will say that for 100 times. My mom have two sisters, they get married in nearby villages. United sisters, from shopping to buying groceries three of them at least two of them will go, sharing special foods and things, and costumes, etc... mainly gossips and family matters. When I entered my college, they cared me most, at first I get irritated like why they are interfering in my life then I used to that. By that time ,my family faced financial issues, so, I decided not going to tour, but my uncle who  doesn't let me feel bad, paid for that. And opened bank account and he secretly deposited amount for my expenditures. Even my aunty doesn't know about this. Then I started noticing my father side relatives, slowly they avoided us. But my mother side relatives helped us without any expectations. Especially my  uncle. He just took care of me just like their daughter. He understood me just like my parents.

 

       I don't know how I'll repay . The only thing, I can do is to love them. Then I started sharing everything to them Next to my parents, I respect and love them the most. And I'm blessed to have them in my life.

 

       "TO US, FAMILY MEANS PUTTING YOUR ARMS AROUND EACH OTHER AND BEING THERE.”

               “GRATITUDE MAKES SENSE OF OUR PAST, BRINGS PEACE FOR TODAY, AND CREATES A VISION FOR TOMORROW”

 

S.T.ANBUSELVI

 

 

 

 

3. K2K-00028

 

GRATITUDE

 

Heavily loaded with my college work and stressful designing jobs that evening, I decided to take a break from it and spend some quality time with my grandparents. Since they reside in Next Street, I took a break to spend some leisure time. I would be spending a hefty time in their laps during my childhood and it receded as I grew. I did pay a visit once in a blue moon during my teenage.

 

So, during that visit, I saw my grandparents sitting alone and wandering. But, when they saw me, they were enlightened. They came closer, hugged me and kissed on my cheek with love dripping over my cheeks. For the first time in my life, I felt something new.

 

Many questions ran over my mind until some courage peeped out to ask a question. It was “How do you spend your lonely time?”  My grandma replied with a smile, “My dear, we never felt lonely. We always see you running to catch your bus. In the evening, we see you speaking with your friends. You cared for your phone more than us. You never saw us back and we always see you. Whenever we are alone, we think of your childhood, your naughtiness and your smiling face. We showered love for you forever! We think each and every day that you will come home, but you never. Still our love never decreased and we love you! 

 

My heart melted faster than an ice-cream would melt on a sunny day! I thought to myself, “Is this the gratitude I pay for them?” I felt very bad. I took both their palms, rubbed softly and said, “Love you too!” And I decided never to miss a visit during weekends and a hi-bye whenever I cross them. Because hearts speak louder than our phone.

 

MORAL:

 Even showering love by spending time is a way of gratitude to the souls that live for you forever!!!

Respect souls that respect you immaterial how old is it!

 AKASH P

 

 

 

 

4. K2K00039

 

Gratitude

 

In life we come across various instances where we fail to show our gratitude to someone or the other. We aren’t going to loose or gain anything by gratitude, but at least it expresses humanity in some way.

 

Ashwath leaves his teacher's house with blessings.

 

After so many years why did Ashwath visit his school teacher?

 

It is simply gratitude!

 

Is that necessary?

Not exactly. Ok visiting him is a gratitude?

 

No! His visit had something more

 

When he was in his 12th standard,

When it was close to farewell, his teacher's words

"Everyone are going to achieve great things in life! But never forget where this journey was started"

fell deep into Ashwath's heart.

 

He had a long term vision in building a school as a gratitude towards his teacher who had taught him life lessons!

 

And now he visits his teacher's house well settled both as director of a company and runs a school in the name of his teacher.

 

He is also a part time teacher in his school where he inculcates the values he learnt in life from his teacher to the next generation.

 

Here I do not end the story telling it is necessary to do great things like Ashwath, even a small word of 'thanks' is indeed a milestone in building humanity.

 

Comment: Gratitude is a basic human quality that builds the empire of humanity....

#Aish#

 

 

 

5.K2K00060

 

I am Grateful

 

Gratitude is not just a word; it is part of life. You must be grateful for born well and being a person who you are now. But some people never are grateful towards anything or anyone.

 

Karthik and family were travelling to hometown. His family includes Karthik wife Seetha and his daughters Mira. Karthik is very rude and doubtful about everything. 

He had a fight with someone at station, Karthik loved his kid Mira very much.

Mira always melts down Karthik anger. Karthik and family were travelling in first class going for a family function. One young man named Ramesh boarded at station, he had seat near Karthik family. Ramesh was very friendly and talkative type.

So, Ramesh started conversation with Karthik, but he burst out rudely.

Karthik wife felt bad. She started conversation with Ramesh.

She said "brother you don't feel bad, my husband is like that only"

Soon Ramesh and Seetha became too much close and Seetha thought Ramesh as own brother.

Ramesh loved kids so he became very much friendly with Mira baby.

Karthik was showing his rudeness then and there.

He was never grateful towards anyone or anything. 

Suddenly train stopped in the middle and group of bandits got into the train.

The bandits stole everything and threw smoke bombs and escaped.

People started panicking and running here and there.

In the meantime, Karthik and Seetha lost Mira in the rush.

Karthik was heartbroken, he started scolding Seetha and even blamed Ramesh has kidnapped Mira.

Suddenly Karthik heard sound of Mira, Ramesh has safely protected Mira and handed her over to Karthik.

First time in life Karthik felt grateful to Ramesh and apologized for all his deed.

And police came and rescued the people.

 

Moral: showing your gratitude never lowers your dignity. It only improves it.

 

 

BY

AISHWARYA

 

 

 

 

6. K2K00070

 

SHADES

 

 

I'm Ashok, an advocate. One night I reached my home late as I was studying a case. After reaching, my wife Neha informed me that Prakash sir came with a case in the afternoon, he waited till 8pm and then he left. While we were in college he was our football team's coach. He was just 7 years older to me, girls would go crazy on him in college days.

 

Next day we met him, greeted him, it was nice to see him again. He was such a nice and charming person. I collected the case details from him. The case itself was a shock to me and Neha. It stated that Mr. Prakash Kumar was accused of murder of Mrs. Anitha Sharma. Anitha mam was our professor at college. She was murdered by setting fire.

 

It could've been an accident but according to Police investigation Prakash was the last person Anitha spoke on her phone and his GPS location was closest to her location. She was found burnt and dead in her cabin. On enquiring Prakash sir I came to know that Anitha mam was enquiring about the stage setup for the annual day on phone.

 

I took his case, I was about to tell him the price details and then Neha stopped me and said, “He’s our coach, don't charge him. Show some gratitude..". I agreed with her.

It took me a month to prove all the evidence and witnesses false. And then he was proved 'Not Guilty' by the court.

 

Prakash had tears in his eyes after hearing the court's verdict. He gifted me a golden bracelet with my initial 'A'.

 

I asked him what were his future plans, he said that he is going to London for some personal work. I dropped him at the airport and went back home.

 

After reaching home Neha asked, “What’s the verdict of the case". "We won..!", I exclaimed. She was happy. "Where is he?", she asked. I told her that he left for London and he gifted me a bracelet. I showed the bracelet to Neha. "Wait, I have seen this bracelet before, in our class photo, it was on Anitha mam's wrist", she said. Then I realized what a big mistake I have made, probably he was having a affair with her. Everything was out of control as he already left for London. Neha was worried too. "Its okay dear, you did what you felt right, everyone coin has two sides, leave it", she said.

 

Forgetting everything I went to have a bath. "Neha, could you get me a towel and my underwear, I forgot them". She gave me a towel and an underwear. "Hey wait, this is not my underwear..!", I exclaimed. "No way dear we both live alone here why would anyone else's underwear come hear?", she asked. "Exactly my point..!", I replied angrily.

 

Moral: People are not like a coin, they are like colors. They have many shades, many faces. We know only a few of them.

 

Written by Harshvardhan

 

 

 

7.K2K00074

 

AN ATTITUDE

 

         Dr. Ricky was a self made man. He came up in life facing more odds than blessings at all stages of his life. He adjusted himself with meagre resources at his disposal. Today he is the most leading medical practitioner of his town.

 

          We instituted gold medals for the meritorious students at our college for which we approached him for his sponsoring of a gold medal. We knew his family background. So when he proposed his sponsorship on a name of a merchant of that town we were very much surprised. So we looked at him inquisitively.

 

         Dr. Ricky was too smart and capable of mind reading, we supposed. He narrated the most significant event of his life. He said that after scoring a highly meritorious rank in his Pre University and getting admission into medicine on merit, he was not in a position to pursue his studies because of his financial doldrums. He lost all hopes of fulfilling his dream of becoming a doctor and serving the needy. He knocked the doors of his kith and kin in vain. He could not get the helping hand and the last day of his admission was fast nearing.

 

       It was the day before his last date. He received a call from one merchant who came forward to sponsor his education freely with the only condition that he would become the ‘people doctor’.  Yea the doctor who treated his profession absolutely as a service under any circumstances and never aimed for any kind of monetary personal consideration. No doubt every doctor always treats the safety and welfare of the patient as the only concern. But the changes in all other areas of life lead to deterioration in the selflessness of the medical profession too in the name of modernity.

      The gratitude to a noble soul is the people doctor Ricky…..

Moral: Gratitude is attitude that makes what you are.

R. Arunachalam –


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father

சுய விருப்ப கதைகள்

LGBTQ & DISABILITY